Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Leela James

I like going to concerts, buy cds (prefer disks over downloads) and look for new tunes and artists on the internet. This week I would like to share with you an artist that I think deserves a bigger spotlight: Leela James.
The music comming from my speakers is rich in nice beats, has a funky rytmn and is completed with a soulful voice. That voice belongs to L.A. born Leela James (1983). I first heard her via her hitsingle Don't Speak' (that is a No Doubt cover indeed). I was taken away by the soulful rendition of the song. I didn't get her album though. Until I think a few years ago. It took a little while, but everytime when I heard one of her songs, I caught myself checking on the screen: who's this? It's the voice and the nice beats that get to me time after time.

Leela James released her third album in 2010 (I know, I know that's already two years ago): My Soul. I've been listening and loved it. It's a more grown and it has an even more soulful (is that possible, yes apparently) sound than her debut from 2005.

I leave you with a chance to listen to this soulfun woman at a live performance at Anthology (San Diego) in 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment