Monday 16 January 2012

Beautiful Blue Monday

To brighten up the most depressing day of the year, I put together pictures of items that are beautiful, blue and make me smile.
clockwise: some 'blue books', a bracelet (bought in Romania some years ago), small wallet (bought in Taiwan last year), (part of) a dress (bought in Rome two years ago), Jeans ( that I'm wearing right now), three T-shirts.
Or maybe not so blue?
I'm part of the whole Blue Monday hype now. Hype, not an actual thing. I discovered some interesting things when I wanted to know who came up with the date. In 2005 a Cliff Arnal came up with a formula which had calculated the most depressing day on the monday in the last full week of January. But actually it was all PR for a traveling compagny (for the very obvious reason: sell (sunny, happy vacations). Very smart.

Want to know more about the story?
Ben Goldacre, writer for The Guardian wrote a lengthy article on his blog in 2009 and a shorter article about this hype on The Guardian about a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment