Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Sounds - Matthew West

“You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe–a harmonic connection between all living beings; every where; even the stars.” ~Wizard (character from the movie August Rush). When I found this quote, I thought: that's a truth.  This feature is my little reminder that it's not only organ and choir music in a chuch. I hope you get inspired or if faith isn't really your thing, I hope you just enjoy the music. 

Matthew West's latest album is called The Story of Your Life. He put his idea of writing an album inspired by other people's stories then his own, on facebook and twitter: If you want to send me your story, send me your story.Then (thousands and thousands of) stories came in from all over the world.
On the album that released in 2010 there are songs on very real life topics. Most of the time not the happiest things in life, but there's hope in those songs.

The project also inspired West to write a song on his own experience: My Own Little World, which I think is quite an inspiration too. So, that's the one I would like to share with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment