Friday 6 July 2012

Food adventures on Friday: a shor note on why I love food so much

I learn cooking and baking stuff by doing (with the kind help of recipes found all over the place). But this post has nothing to do with me baking something and it has all to do with the joy of food.


I go out for dinner a lot the last few weeks (a real luxury). Food + great people = The Good Life for me.

I could write good food, but you know what, food doesn't even have to be that great at all to make it a great memory. I have some great memories of disaster food, they're fun (most of them are).
And: food gives you a chance to travel the world on a plate. I ate Greek and Italian last week and there's a dinner-date set heading for Japanese food next week.
But it also works the other way 'round places I traveled I remember food.....

A few of my place-bound memories:
* At the foot of the montmartre in a small alley in Paris I ate the best salmon ever
* I had a winter's meal (split pea soup) at 30 degrees celcius for diner in Romania (and it tasted great!).
* my most expensive glass of coke I had in Florance, Italy.
* I first tasted wheatgrass juice in London (and renamed it: healthy green stuff).
* In Taiwan I ate crazy stuff like shark fin soup (did not knew until afterwards, I do not support this soup. Very cruel to the beautiful sharks) and chickenbutts (and that tasted great).
* A small and very Italian bakery in Rome served the most heavenly tiramisu I've ever tasted.


What's you best food-memory?





No comments:

Post a Comment